THIS BLOG DESCRIBES MY LIFE AS AN ARTIST LIVING IN A UNIT IN A RETIREMENT VILLAGE.

Friday, November 2, 2018

Bertie the Budgie.

On Saturday 27 October, I purchased a budgie on the way home from Wellington. It was a very cold and wet afternoon after 4pm. I chose him from among the budgies at Animates in Lower Hutt. I purchased a large cage and food and toys for him. He was carried inside a little cardboard box inside the cage.
He is turquoise, white and grey with a few dashes of purple. He is a young male budgie and very lively.
I got a cloth to cover him about ten to eight. he protested so I tried again at eight o'clock and he settled down. We have now established eight as his bedtime.
I put on the computer little videos of budgies singing and he tweets with them.
On Wednesday morning when I went to put a dust bath in his cage, he walked over my hand and flew out of the cage. I tried to catch him and he had a great time flying around the roo. Finally after three hours, he perched on the blind rail in the kitchen and I put his cage on the bench beneath him. When I came back from setting up the lounge down below, over an hour later, he was perched on top of the cage peering in. I left him for a while and then when I went back, he was eating seeds in the cage, so I closed the doors of the cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment