Since I last wrote on the blog, we have had a few more celebrations such as Valentine's Day and St Patrick's Day. We were lucky to have fine weather for most weeks following the New Year barbecue which was such a success.
We had the Wearing of the Green and finger food and drinking of Guinness on St Patrick's Eve. On the day itself I went down to the Irish Club as usual for the dancing, music and to have my dinner.
Movies are now on Tuesday evenings as I have begun Bridge lessons. It is a 14 week training course. My friend Hettie goes with me. So far I have had two lessons and I am enjoying it.I have been painting most days in my studio and currently have four paintings on exhibition. I have another almost finished and one at the planning stage for the Muriel Hopper awards.


On Sunday 10 March, I began the week long celebration of Pat's life to celebrate his second anniversary. His relatives - Oonagh, Michael and Louise. visited the cemetery with me on the Sunday. Over afternoon tea, we shared photos and memories. Then on Wednesday, I cooked lunch and shared memories with Jane and Kevin. On Thursday, Hettie and I went for a day by train to Paraparaumu to celebrate Pat's love of trains and travel. On Friday Alice came for afternoon tea and sharing. It was during this we got the terrible news of the killing of Moslems in the Mosques in Christchurch. This flung the whole country into mourning.

No comments:
Post a Comment